Sunday, June 16, 2013

batting above average

I like to look nice but I don't think my day to day routine is exceptionally girly. I don't take hours in the bathroom, buy a million pairs of shoes. Even have a make up routine. I am up and ready and out the door in the morning in less than 25 minutes. The thing that takes me the most time in the morning hands down, is applying mascara. And I don't feel put together if I don't put it on.

Welcome to the time and land of enhancing everything. Everything. Today: lash extensions.

The whole procedure took about 1hour and if you think I am crazy for spending 1hour getting these individual hairs attached to single eye lashes, think about the technician who does this for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for a living.

The number one warning is you can't get them wet. In the shower, a lake, no visits to Niagara Falls. And no crying. Not a single tear.

Oh good. Cause I think I might be tapped out this year. Between the lying cheating ex boyfriends (yeah, you), the stalkers, the surgery, the deaths of friends and loved ones, the work frustrations and stresses. The reading of high school diaries. That wicked paper cut. I can't cry any more. I'm glad they sorted me out.

So far- I like the way they look- they are big but pretty natural looking. You can't see the glue and that in itself was surprising. It just looks like I have mascara on. Sleeping was weird. As I tend to sleep on my front and I really didn't want to mangle them in the first night. One lone lash is being unruly today and I tired to fix it but I don't want to mess the rest up.

On the left- before, and the right are 2 afters.


No comments: