Wednesday, August 19, 2009

whats cooking hot stuff?


what do we have here? thought I would share one of my favorite recipes and most well received dinners (from my limited repertoire)
its easier than it sounds: chicken and peaches with rosemary wrapped in prosciutto (and a side of roasted yams and potatoes)

what you need (per serving):
chicken breast- skinless and boneless is what I use
1/4 of a fresh peach
2 slices of prosciutto
1 sprig of rosemary

lay out the prosciutto flat. lay the chicken breast in the centre. cut the peach into thin wedge slices and lay them out staggered on top of the chicken. lay a sprig of rosemary on top and then wrap that prosciutto tucking in all those peaches and rosemary. lay it in a pan. if you want the side of yams and potatoes all I do is cut into chunks, toss with olive oil salt and pepper and some more of the rosemary. it can all go in the same pan, and I put it in at about 365oC for about an hour. the peaches keep the chicken a little bit moist despite the long time in the oven and the prosciutto crisps up nicely.

No comments: