Sunday, March 9, 2014

Her Secret is Patience

A draw for Phoenix as the destination for this trip was that I wanted to see a public sculpture by the artist Janet Echelman. You might remember her mentioned on my blog before as I saw a piece if hers in Amsterdam on my last night there. 

http://greeneyegurl.blogspot.ca/2012/12/floating.html?m=1

This piece is a permanent installation since 2009 in a downtown civic park in Phoenix. We went early in the day to see it and returned again that same night to see it lit up. I noticed it wasn't as vibrant/bright as the piece I saw in Amsterdam, but after I read more about it I understand that the lighting changes based on the seasons. We spent a lot of time in the park talking about it. They are such interesting sculptures that I wonder when people come across them what they think- its so strange and beautiful just floating there. 

Her Secret is Patience, 2009

(Day time)

(Night time) 



No comments: