Monday, September 3, 2012

Impressions

So all is well on this side of the water. I start with water as I have a point I think I should clarify from yesterday: one of the stories from my mothers childhood that I think of often, but especially when I am here (and every time I see a canal) is that of a story where her brother fell into a canal in Amsterdam. I think it involved something about having one foot on land and the other on a floating surface and the distance got too great. Needless to say, 60 years ago you did not want to fall in a canal and 60 years later I thought this was still the case and no one in their right mind would CHOOSE to swim many kilometers in it for fun. So I was in total disbelief of seeing en masse group loving it!

Last night we had a family dinner and this morning we went into Amsterdam for some errands including a market and a famous bakery. Bread was super delicious!

Btw... Here is the view from my lovely attic room... That is the back yard and the canal right behind where the swimmers where yesterday:




No comments: