Saturday, September 29, 2012

Brouwerij de Molen, Borefts Bier Festival 2012

Or, my "septemberfest" as it were.

Today I went with S and some of his friends to an annual beer festival- there were 16 breweries from 10 different countries.

When we arrived I was rewarded for being the first Canadian on site and given an extra beer token!

My favorite wound up being Mikkeller (Denmark) where I had 3 different fruit based beers- like SpontanFramboos (raspberry)

Sadly, by the time I got to the brewery of my choice they were out of EVERYTHING...

Some interesting flavours and names spotted:
Smokey and the Band-Aid
Earl Grey IPA
Lemon-lime Sonderho Hipster
Dobbel Dose
Honey I'm Home
Justin Blabaer

There were 2 locations... With breweries represented, and one of them was at a windmill. It was crisp but sunny. So very nice to sit out there and look up!

No comments: